• MIMO antenna configuration
  • Works with 3G & 4G Devices
  • Frequencies 698-960 / 1700-2700
  • Omnidirectional radiation
  • Operational Bands LTE / Cellular
  • Height 2.4” (62mm)
  • Diameter 6.7” (170mm)
  • Max Roof Thickness 60mm
  • Max panel thickness / ridge height (mm) 10 (0.4”)
  • Required mounting hole size (mm) 25 (1.0”)
  • 698-960MHz – 2.3dBi
  • 1700-2700MHz – 5dBi
  • Cable length 1m
  • SMA cables
  • TS9 adapters optional if using with a MiFi
  • Does not require a metallic ground plate
Not a problem they provide a supersticky pad which has lasted us a couple of years so far - speak to them.

Yes that may seem the obvious answer and it’s certainly very tidy. But I’m not sure I want to be drilling holes in the roof at this stage. Plus the removeable antenna means it can be taken anywhere. Which would suit us for our purpose.
The question really is, how good is it for internal network WiFi and reception?
The roof aerial is two way - in and out - so has greater reception and transmission capability.

The MiFi unit supplied is especially matched to the aerial and comfortably reaches all over our large RV from the front with the capacity for 10 units connected.

I have the kit I recommended in my opening reply. Excellent reception. Just rearranged our contracts and Three have given us Go-Binge which allows us unlimited Netflix, iPlayer, etc., etc., without using ANY of our data. Currently watching RAF100 with the McGregor Brothers on iPlayer whilst replying to this.

The connectivity I get is equal or better to that which I get when I'm actually in my clients' offices using their WiFi network.

I use the
https://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/4g-roof-antenna-e5577-mifi-save-25/
We are in an area with very poor reception on 3G or 4G for mobile data
Borrowed a Huewai mifi device and put it up on the roof to test and received a Wi-fi signal about 1.5 to 2mbps (no reception at all inside the RV )
Ordered the Motorhomewifi kit and the speed went up to 6 - 15mbps, a new transmitter must have been installed a few months ago as we now get 25 - 30mbps, when away in the RV we always have great internet speeds the best being over 80mbps !
Have EE sim in the mifi device 60gb per month for £20.20

I use the
https://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/4g-roof-antenna-e5577-mifi-save-25/
We are in an area with very poor reception on 3G or 4G for mobile data
Borrowed a Huewai mifi device and put it up on the roof to test and received a Wi-fi signal about 1.5 to 2mbps (no reception at all inside the RV )
Ordered the Motorhomewifi kit and the speed went up to 6 - 15mbps, a new transmitter must have been installed a few months ago as we now get 25 - 30mbps, when away in the RV we always have great internet speeds the best being over 80mbps !
Have EE sim in the mifi device 60gb per month for £20.20
Brilliant, thanks very much indeed. I’ll speak to them and try to find out how much difference the window mounted antenna makes. The roof unit is very tidy though.
Thanks again.

I have the kit I recommended in my opening reply. Excellent reception. Just rearranged our contracts and Three have given us Go-Binge which allows us unlimited Netflix, iPlayer, etc., etc., without using ANY of our data. Currently watching RAF100 with the McGregor Brothers on iPlayer whilst replying to this.

The connectivity I get is equal or better to that which I get when I'm actually in my clients' offices using their WiFi network.
That’s great thanks. I’ve seen the go binge deals. I think there’s change a foot in the data providers world.
Thanks again.

We got our system from solwise.co.uk

It's worked pretty well over the last few years. We mounted our antenna on a telescopic pole they use for cleaning swimming pools, and it plugs in an IP65 USB socket we fitted in one of our lockers.

Thanks for the comments. LordEplus has pinged the way to go. Always worth doing this when you see a complete kit being sold, it’s often rebranded separates at a higher price.
Didn’t think of checking with this but I saved a few hundred quid once on camera WiFi kit by doing just this.
Thanks again my Lord. (y)

Now I’m looking I’m thinking this could make a good upgrade.

Huawei B525 Unlocked 4G 300Mbps mobile Wi-Fi Router - White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06ZZL966Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_QC7UAbF03BWBZ

Or maybe a bit of over kill, What do you think?

Is that mains powered ?
If so your going to have to have an Invertor turned on or only be able to use while on EHU
The Huewai mifi devices are 12v
Ah yes good thinking. Getting carried away with thinking we’ve cracked it.
It is 12v but via a 240v adapter into a jack plug. Hmmm I’m looking at the eegargable ones now also as it would be good to be able to use this set up on the move.
I’m going to call mobile WiFi tomorrow and see what they suggest. After all it was them who suggested the router set up so I’d like to see if they have an alternative for powering it.
I’ll keep y’all posted.
Thanks very much

Yep, as long as it is properly regulated and doesn't allow a surge from the charge to blow the Router, then that will definitely do it.

With these you can flip the connector to get the correct int/ext plug polarity so that's good...

This is a good alternative as it can be used with other kit in an emergency, also the wiring is a bit more flexible. Either way.

By jove I think we've got an answer....

Well done all.

Last edited: