Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Fleetwood
Model
Pace Arrow 36R
RV Experience
6 Years
MERV-IOM mentioned asking to see if anyone has a current membership with Brittany ferries to get a discount, I don't understand how it would work if I am not the member but I think you all have more experience then myself in these matters

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Fourwinds Hurricane 31D
RV Experience
Since 2018
Sounds amazing, I don't have 8 weeks but will be 3-4 weeks so should be good, the 23mpg from the 8.1
I get around 6-7mpg out of mine tell me your secret
23mpg was worked out by the amount of lpg used and mileage covered, then worked out how much equivelent petrol would have been consumed, would normally get 6 to 8 mpg on petrol, and as lpg was third the price of unleaded, so approx 20 to 23 mpg, ish, and using cruise control set at 100kph

Waylyn

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Fleetwood
Model
Pace Arrow 36R
RV Experience
6 Years
A good Aires in Spain is Monesterio (free)

38.09417 / -6.27722
N 38º 05' 39'' / W 06º 16' 38''

Plenty of room, fresh water and waste dump and free electric. Lovely little town but the Aires will be closed between 1st and 15th September due to a local fair.

Thanks Merv

Waylyn

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Fleetwood
Model
Pace Arrow 36R
RV Experience
6 Years
Hi, we did Portsmouth to Bilbao with a Trail Lite 30 ft rv in April 2022, with the 8.1 chevy V8 8.1 vortec, it was converted to run on lpg and absolutely no problem in getting lpg in Spain, average cost was about £0.60p ltr, did the trip from Bilbao to Calpe over 500 miles in one hit, All motorway AP68 from Bilbao acrossto Zaragoza, then Zaragozato Valencia, then A7 ValenciatoCalpe, left Bilbao about 8.30 on Saturday morning, arriving in Calpe 18.00 same day, averaged 23mpg, stopping for lpg, something to eat and toilets etc, site was camping calpe-mar (Google it) in Calpe, fresh water, grey water, electricity on pitch, nice swimming pool, restaurant etc, stayed for 8 weeks, Best holiday ever, walk to town, walk to beach, loads of cycling paths, and brilliant supermarket right opposite site.
Site looks good what di they charge per night and is close to a town for restaurants markets, that type of thing, thats what she likes to do, is there black water waste on the pitch

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Fourwinds Hurricane 31D
RV Experience
Since 2018
Site looks good what di they charge per night and is close to a town for restaurants markets, that type of thing, thats what she likes to do, is there black water waste on the pitch
Hi, can't remember how much we paid, but a lovely site, fresh water, grey waste water and electricity on pitch, black dump close by (we use a 12v macerator and waste hog, to dump black tank) electricity charged extra, but that was over 2 years ago, so not sure about now, but would deffo go vack, lovely walk into town for bars restaurants etc, brilliant supermarket right opposite site

Waylyn

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Fleetwood
Model
Pace Arrow 36R
RV Experience
6 Years
Hi, can't remember how much we paid, but a lovely site, fresh water, grey waste water and electricity on pitch, black dump close by (we use a 12v macerator and waste hog, to dump black tank) electricity charged extra, but that was over 2 years ago, so not sure about now, but would deffo go vack, lovely walk into town for bars restaurants etc, brilliant supermarket right opposite site
I don't have a macerator, will this be an issue

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Fourwinds Hurricane 31D
RV Experience
Since 2018
I don't have a macerator, will this be an issue
Well to dump your black waste, you would need to "decant" it into a mobile tank of sorts (we use a macerator and pump it into a waste hog, then wheel it to the dump station, to empty it) or else you would have to move the RV to a ground level manhole every couple of days to empty your black tank.
Macerators are not expensive, connected directly to the 3" waste pipe as required then a 1 inch flexible hose into the waste hog, easy, we emptied our black tank every 3/4 days, l have attached a screenshot of a macerator as on ebay, buts lots available out there, just Google 12v macerator!Screenshot_20240724_162212_Chrome.jpg

Waylyn

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Fleetwood
Model
Pace Arrow 36R
RV Experience
6 Years
MY calculations are the black waste is 42 us gallons which is basically 159 litres. the waste hog is 46l so I would have to make 4 trips to completley emty the tank, I still think best option is to move the RV or am I missing something

MERLIN

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Winnebago Adventurer 33V
RV Experience
12 years
MY calculations are the black waste is 42 us gallons which is basically 159 litres. the waste hog is 46l so I would have to make 4 trips to completley emty the tank, I still think best option is to move the RV or am I missing something
If you start off relatively empty then you only need to empty once every 2-3 days to keep it at that level, It's good to have some chores whilst on site. Moving the RV is a mission !

Waylyn

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Fleetwood
Model
Pace Arrow 36R
RV Experience
6 Years
If you start off relatively empty then you only need to empty once every 2-3 days to keep it at that level, It's good to have some chores whilst on site. Moving the RV is a mission !
I move it here in the uk when it's needed, it can be a pain but doesn't take too long, but I suppose if I had a macerator
We use a waste hog when we have to but don't have a macerator. Make you concentrate and not loose focus.
I bet you've had some spillages, doing that I can imagine what that's like in the Spanish heat

Waylyn

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Fleetwood
Model
Pace Arrow 36R
RV Experience
6 Years
I move it here in the uk every 4 to 5 to days it's not too bad. but I think what your saying makes sense better to have all options covered

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Winnebago Journey DL 34 HD
RV Experience
Since 2011
If you do buy and use a macerator, pump some grey water through first and after. First because the soapy water will lubricate the pump and pipes, then afterwards to purge any poop and clean the pump and pipes.

Trust me, I learned the hard way ;)

Waylyn

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Fleetwood
Model
Pace Arrow 36R
RV Experience
6 Years
If you do buy and use a macerator, pump some grey water through first and after. First because the soapy water will lubricate the pump and pipes, then afterwards to purge any poop and clean the pump and pipes.

Makes sense, rinsing first with soapy water, I will have to get one rather have it there and don't need it than not have it and need it. Cheers

Back